My colleague Cllr Brian Dennehy and I have received a notice from Fingal County Council regarding an application the council has received from Ganson Building & Civil Engineering Contractors Ltd for permission to temporarily close a road in the Balbriggan area for the purpose of constructing a new boundary wall and school entrance, and the construction of a surface water drainage road crossing.
It is proposed that the road will be closed from Monday 20th March 2017 until Monday 1st May 2017.
The road in question is:
• The L5450 Whitehart Road from the junction with the R122 to the junction with the L51966 Clonard Street to Whitehart Road.
Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:
• Motorists travelling eastbound from the M1 wishing to access Harry Reynolds Road from the L5450 Whitehart Road should continue along the R122/Clonard Road to the traffic signalised junction with the Harry Reynolds Road.
• Motorists travelling westbound along the R122/Clonard Road wishing to access Harry Reynolds Road from the L5450 Whitehart Road should continue along the R122 to the roundabout, taking the first exit at the roundabout along the L13660 Stephenstown Industrial Estate Road taking the 2nd exit at the 1st roundabout and the 1st exit at the second roundabout onto the Harry Reynolds Road.
• Motorists wishing to access the L5450 from Clonard Street should take a right turn onto Harry Reynolds Road continue to the traffic signalised junction of Chapel Street and Harry Reynolds Road and take a left turn onto Clonard Road/R122. Continue along Clonard Road/R122 to the L5450 Whitehart Road Juncition and take a left turn.
• Motorists wishing to access the L5450 from Harry Reynolds Road north or south, continue along Harry Reynolds Road to the traffic signalised junction of Chapel Street and Harry Reynolds Road and take a right turn if travelling southbound and a left turn if travelling northbound. Continue along Clonard Road/R122 to the L5450 Whitehart Road Junction and take a left turn.
Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times.
Any person may lodge an objection in writing with the Senior Executive Officer, Operations Unit, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 to arrive no later than 4.00p.m on Friday 3rd March 2017.