My colleague Cllr Brian Dennehy and I have received a notice Fingal County Council regarding an application Fingal County Council has received from the East Coast Motorcycling Club for permission to temporarily close roads in the Skerries area for the purpose of holding a motorcycle race.
It is proposed that the roads will be closed from 1.00pm to 7.00pm on Saturday 9th September 2017 and from 10.00am to 6.30pm on Sunday 10th September 2017.
The roads in question are:
1. Portion of the R127 from Kennedy’s Corner in a north easterly direction to School House Corner.
2. Portion of St Monica’s Road, from Black Hill to Balcunnin.
3. Portion of the Killalane Road, from Kearney’s Tree to Man-O-War Corner.
4. Portion of Palmerstown Road, from Kennedy’s Corner to Man-O War Corner.
Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:
• The main diversion route for vehicles travelling between Lusk and Skerries is via the R128 Lusk to Rush and Rush to Skerries.
• Access to Killalane and Milverton Road will be restricted to local access only for the duration of the closure.
Diversion signage and marshals will be in place for the duration of the closure.
Any person may lodge an objection in writing with the Senior Executive Officer, Balbriggan/Swords Operations Unit, Fingal County Council, to arrive no later than 4.00pm
on Friday 18th August 2017.
As soon as I receive any further information I will be back in touch. In the meantime in if you have any queries in relation to this or any other issue please do not hesitate to contact me.