I and my colleague Cllr Darragh Butler have received a notice from Fingal County Council regarding an application the council has received from Westside Civil Engineering Ltd for permission to temporarily close a road in the Rolestown area for the purpose of constructing a new water main connection to Smith’s Cottage, Rolestown West, Co. Dublin.
It is proposed that the road will be closed from 7.00am to 6.00pm on Monday 27th March to Friday 31st March 2017.
The road in question is:
• L5061 Wrens Nest to Rolestown Bridge.
Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:
• Persons wishing to travel from the R122 along the L5061 Wrens Nest to Rolestown Bridge towards Rolestown East should head south on the R122 to the junction with the R125 turning left onto the R125. Continue to Rolestown and take a left turn onto the L5061 Wrens Nest to Rolestown Bridge and take a right at the T-junction.
• Persons wishing to travel from the L50611 Chapel Lane to the R122 via the L5061 Wrens Nest to Rolestown Bridge should take a left turn onto L5061 Wrens Nest to Rolestown Bridge and continue to the junction with the R125. Take a right turn onto the R125 continuing to the junction with the R122.
• Persons wishing to travel from the R129 along the L5075 Drishogue Lane and the L5065 Nurses Road should continue along the R129 to the junction with the R122.
• Persons travelling on the R125 wishing to use the L5061 Wrens Nest to Rolestown Bridge to access the R122 should travel along the R125 to its junction with the R122.
Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times.
Any person may lodge an objection in writing with the Senior Executive Officer, Operations Unit, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 to arrive no later than 4.00p.m on Monday 13th March 2017.