Local Fianna Fáil TD, Darragh O’Brien has said that a thorough process of public consultation is essential to allay the growing public concern in Dublin Fingal regarding the proposed changes to bus services under Bus Connects.
Earlier this week, Deputy O’Brien held the second of a number of public meetings he and local Fianna Fáil Councillor, Eoghan O’Brien is hosting to highlight the proposed changes to Dublin Bus services in the greater Fingal area.
Commenting following the meeting in The Ploughman, Kinsealy on Monday night he said, “Those living in Kinsealy and the immediate surrounding communities rely heavily on their local bus service, particularly to get to and from the city in a reasonable timeframe.
“Countless young families moved to the area in the last number of years given its proximity to Dublin city and the fact that it is sufficiently served by public bus services.
“Kinsealy is a sizable satellite town in the North County with a growing population, that’s clear from the 200 plus people that turned out to discuss the plans. Under these proposals locals would have to travel first to Swords to get into the city centre. This is a huge departure from the existing regular direct service.
“It’s therefore understandable why residents are so incensed about these proposals and any potential reduction in Dublin Bus frequency or connectivity. It was very worthwhile to hear the views expressed by Thomas O'Connor who kindly attended on behalf of the National Bus and Rail Union.
"We need the maximum number of residents submitting their concerns to ensure that they are properly considered and taken into account. The local Fianna Fáil organisation and I will be compiling all the responses from this series of meeting and make a detailed submission to the National Transport Authority.
“Councillor Brian Dennehy and I will hold our next meeting in Rush next Monday evening and I hope that many in the area will be able to attend,” he concluded.
Comments are closed.