I have been advised by Fingal County Council that voluntary sporting organisations in Fingal can now apply for funding under the Youth Sport Small Grant Scheme 2016.
Please see below the criteria for applying for funding. I have also attached the application form for Youth Sport Scheme.
If your club was awarded 2016 Activity Funding you are ineligible to apply for the Youth Sports Grant.
If you have any queries contact the Sports Office on 8906256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the deadline for receipt of completed applications is 4pm Friday 14th October 2016.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
To be eligible organisations / clubs must:
* be situated within the boundaries of Fingal
* have sport for young people (under 18yrs) as its primary focus
* operate as a 'not for profit' club or organisation that is open to public membership
* have a voluntary management committee with elected officers
* be affiliated to Sport Ireland recognised National Governing Body
* have a bank account in its own name and adequate insurance cover for all aspects of their activities
* carry out their activities ensuring compliance with current legislation
* have policies and practices that are inclusive and encourage participation regardless of gender, race or ability
* operate under the basis of best practice for children in sport - any club member involved with the youth
activities of the club must have attended a Safeguarding 1 (formerly Code of Ethics) course and the club's
designated Children's Officer must hold the Sport Ireland accredited Children's Officer/ Safeguarding 2
certificate, and provide the certificate number.
* keep written financial records and registration of members. The records must be available to Fingal County Council Sports Office.
Clubs applying for a grant must:
* provide a copy of the minutes of the most recent AGM
* include a completed Bank Account Form (see enclosed)
* acknowledge funding received from Fingal County Council to club members and the wider community in any media outlets i.e. newsletter / Facebook / Twitter etc.
* be registered on the Fingal Community County Register.
Individuals and the following organisations ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to apply:
* If your club was awarded 2016 Activity Funding
* National / Regional / County Governing Bodies
* For profit groups / commercial organisations
* Private facility owners
* Statutory agencies
Funding may be considered towards setting up:
* a juvenile section where such a section does not currently exist
* a new gender section where such a section does not currently exist e.g. a new girls team in an all male club
* a disability strand within a mainstream club.
Applicants should note that successful clubs / organisations must comply with any reasonable request regarding publicity from Fingal County Council. Any club / organisation funded under this scheme may be asked to submit a report to Fingal County Council and may be asked to supply documentary evidence of how the funds were spent. Only one application per club will be considered.
CLOSING DATE = 14 October 2016
Comments are closed.